Coconut Water Benefits
Who knew coconut water had so many amazing benefits! Check them out below.
1. Natural Diuretic- Unlike pharmaceutical drugs, coconut water does not affect electrolyte balance and hormones to force water removal.
2. Aids In Kidney Function and Dissolves Kidney Stones- releases a therapeutic effect on the urinary and reproductive systems.
3. Improves Blood Cholesterol Levels and Prevents Atherosclerosis- Both young and mature coconut water are beneficial in preventing atherosclerosis and reducing risk of heart disease.
4. Enhances Immune System- Thanks to monolaurin and arginine.
5. Prevents Glacoma and Cataracts- Effective in reducing fluid pressure in the eyes and fights the symptoms of cataracts.
6. Relieves Constipation- Drinking a minimum of 11 ounces a day softens stools and increases the urge to go.
7. Boosts Energy Levels- Without the jitters! Its colony of living cells makes it a healing liquid with living energy. Drinking coconut water is like getting a blood transfusion.
8. Cytokinins Powerhouse- Cytokinins are the plant version of cytokines for humans. Cytokinins are involved in reproduction, growth, and development, homeostatic regulation, healing and repair, blood clotting, and immunity. This hormone-like-substance contains anti-aging, anti-cancer and anti-thrombolytic benefits in humans.
9. Balances Blood Sugar- Contains arginine, an amino acid that helps moderate sugar absorption. Arginine also improves insulin sensitivity- so blood sugar is more readily transported from the bloodstream into the cells.
10. Prevents Cancer- Cytokinins induce apoptosis or programmed cell death in cancer cells. Cytokinins are proven to have anti-cancer effects.
11. Hair Growth- Coconut water has the potential to revive hair growth.
12. Feeds Friendly Gut Bacteria- Coconut water kefir cleanses the body and helps rid the body of yeast overgrowth. It stops sugar cravings, prevents eczema flare-ups, balances hormones, and gets rid of heavy metals in the body.
13. Excellent Rehydration Sports Drink- A rich source of electrolytes and natural salts, especially potassium and magnesium. It is a living food with easily absorbable electrolytes, sugars, antioxidants, enzymes, amino acids, vitamins and other nutrients.
14. Provides Trace Elements- Loaded with zinc, selenium, iodine, sulfur, and manganese.
I love drinking coconut water. Especially the ones with a hint of flavor and they are great to add in your daily smoothies. Enjoy!
Love & Light,